Most businesses, large and small, juggle a number of projects with hundreds of tasks (if not more), and need a system to keep everything organized. A Project management software becomes an indispensable tool which helps in handling and supervising the tasks and seeing them through completion.
There is a wide variety of software packages available, including cloud-based applications which give you the flexibility of accessing and updating your tasks from anywhere. Each application will have a different list of functionality, but if you are considering investing in a tool, here are some must-have features:
Considerations for a Project Management solution
- Team/Project Sites: Dedicated sites with configurable user level permissions, where everything related to the project can be stored, managed, and retrieved; documents, news, calendars, tasks, discussions, etc.
- Effective Collaboration & Communication – The tool should have features which make it is easy for the team to connect and collaborate. This includes files and content sharing, shared calendars, and discussion boards which help team members quickly communicate in real time without having to sift through a pile of emails. Voice and video conferencing also provide connectivity across geographical borders.
- Document Management – The tool must come equipped with a repository to house project related documents, keep them linked to the project and provide safety. It should also allow for collaborative authoring, easy versioning and sharing of documents.
- Task Management – It should provide easy task tracking capabilities with the facility to create and assign tasks to team members, group tasks, set dependencies for tasks, set priorities, define statuses and due dates for each; and a way to filter them to see tasks in different ways – for example by resource, department, completion date, etc., so you can locate and organize your tasks quickly.
- Dashboard view – This makes it possible to present all the important components of a project on one page. It gives project managers a quick view of their projects with a consolidated view of tasks and resources, it helps monitoring tasks and makes planning and prioritizing much easier.
- Real-time & Graphical Reporting – the tool should provide the capability to create reports on project status, resource allocation, and more. These reports can be turned into charts and graphs for better visualization and management.
- News, Alerts, and Notifications – Very important for dispersing important company or project news to the whole company or to a particular project team. Notifications are important for informing users of task assignments, pending tasks, approaching due dates, or changes in schedules.
- Cloud based – When projects are managed by team members who are scattered over the globe, a cloud based solution makes it possible for everybody to access the project, make updates, flag delayed tasks and track progress – at any time and from anywhere.
- Getting Everyone on one platform – the tool should present all the above features on one platform so that work can be accomplished within one system where team members can get a consolidated view of the status of the project, its risks, communicate and discuss issues, find solutions and implement them; all from one place.
Project Management with BizPortals 365
BizPortals 365 fulfills all of the above criteria (and more), and being a cloud offering it allows teams with dispersed members to work seamlessly from anywhere and at times that are convenient to them. Members are able to work on their favorite browsers and update their tasks as they progress which makes it possible for project managers to make better informed decisions.
Let’s look at BizPortals 365 project management features more closely.
Projects at a glance
Better task visualization and management with
Kanban Boards, Gantt Charts
BizPortals 365 includes Kanban boards and Gantt chart views in their project management module. These tools are really unique for an intranet solution. They help you be more agile and visual in the way you plot out and manage your projects and tasks.
It is easy for the project lead to get a clear view of the overall status of a project. It is easy to see how many tasks are in progress, which resources are working on a task, which tasks are not moving forward and thus are affecting the timely progress of a project. It is easy to quickly add more resources to a task, change its priority, and schedule a meeting to resolve issues to ensure that the project stays on schedule.
Kanban boards helps in easy task and workflow visualization. It is an online board where you can easily see your progress on projects as your team moves tasks from to-do to complete.
Gantt charts are horizontal bar charts and they provide a graphical illustration of a project schedule, which helps to plan, coordinate, track and update tasks in a project.
As you can see, BizPortals 365 offers robust project management features which can help you stay on track, stay informed, and be able to manage all your projects from one central location.
If you are looking for a project management tool that is uncomplicated and easy to use, but still has all the features that will make your projects successful, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a one-on-one demo today.