How Bulletin Boards can improve internal communication in the organization?
Are your bulletin boards drowning in the sea of information?
In today’s world of constant communication and wave of information flows, it is correctly said that “Too much information kills information”. And it is just the same when we receive so many alerts. Some of us also set specific rules to show or hide the notifications but it still creates a clutter of information?
Have you already started imagining the traditional bulletin boards in the office? A scenario where you walk into the office and there is a big bulletin board while passing on to your workstation. There is a notice board full of torn papers, outdated information, uncategorized content pinned at the same place.
You occasionally stop for a couple of seconds to know the company updates, upcoming events, or anything that might be of interest to you. Sometimes, you stay for a bit longer time when you see some interesting sections with names, photos, and informal details about your colleagues. And then you head off to your work.
Well, it can be quite confusing to understand the relevant information and most likely to be ignored by most of the employees. Because the information is set at a different place and the workstation is somewhere else. The updates posted on the bulletin board is still disconnected from the work.
The problem is not that it is a short display board. The core problem is that it is not well connected to your daily activities and do not support workplace collaboration.
So, what’s the better way of relaying important information at the workplace?
“Dynamic digital bulletin board” is the answer. Gone are the days when companies used to display notice boards or posters in the common areas, lobby, and waiting rooms. Clearly, technological advancement and communication tools have become an unstoppable trend. Many people don’t think much about having a corporate bulletin board when they think of intranets in their workplace. Check out the important considerations for designing an intranet.
Internal communications at the workplace are more important than ever before based on the COVID-19 situation. The strategies, ways of communication, work culture, and the whole corporate world is changing too fast and became very uncertain. Perhaps, internal communication is playing the most important role to keep all the employees in a loop.
Why use Digital Bulletin Boards?
The employees overwhelmingly prefer dynamic content readily available on their digital screens. Bulletin boards enable you to communicate alerts, emergency messages, announcements, and many other parts of your internal communication strategy effectively in the workplace. The digital bulletin boards are one of the most effective workplace communication tools to provide vital information to employees and get their attention. The creative, colorful and moving alerts and information have much better possibilities of being absorbed by the target audience – be it employees or clients.
With Office 365 (now renamed as Microsoft 365), you get an easy tool to send news, announcements, information to a set audience instead of individual employees. The different style of newsletters is ready-to-use in a few seconds and well-formatted for any device. Now, you don’t need to draft complicated emails, or announcements every time you have some important information to be shared with the employees. With so many capabilities and facets, the bulletin boards have everything you need to boost your internal communications.
Top Benefits of Bulletin Boards
- Enhanced collaboration – Every bulletin board on the intranet is a unique collection of information and ideas. The employees can discover new content and contribute the information too. Collaboration gets much easier as you can share the information with your team or simply send quick links directly from the board. It keeps the information fresh as the team updates the documents over time.
- Sense of community – The digital bulletin boards symbolize a sense of social cohesion in the workplace by providing a common framework for employees. They can learn more about their shared goals, viewpoints, and ways to face challenges together, and ultimately, get an excellent way to dive into the conversations. It also helps impart a sense that people contributing to the board are part of a wider community.
- Increased productivity – Bulletin boards can be a great way to save time and increase productivity. This tool can save employees from the hassles of sorting superfluous emails and tons of information. Instead, the messages, memos, assignments can be posted separately on the bulletin board. Moreover, clear and consistent information can drastically increase performance, productivity, employee, and customer satisfaction.
- Employee empowerment – Bulletin boards can serve as a great inspiration to motivate and empower employees. For example, employee appreciations, successful project completion stories can encourage employees and make them feel valued. It can also be used as a useful learning tool.
- Better information absorption – Many organizations rely on the communication methods that are most likely to be missed or ignored. But digital bulletin boards offer visual information management to keep employees abreast of company updates, information, peer activities, and opportunities at work. The visuals help people to quickly absorb the information as the audience is more likely to remember the information when it is delivered in engaging formats like graphics, videos, etc. With bulletin boards in an intranet, it is easier for managers to quickly update and control the content. They can easily send timely content, emergency updates, or new information in a few clicks.
Get started with Bulletin Board to empower your internal communications
The journey with the bulletin board starts with a modern intranet on Office 365 that helps you to stay organized and productive. Going forward, the bulletin board functionality also serves as a basis for content discovery, curation, collaboration, and knowledge management scenarios in the workplace.
The workplace and tools must be designed to be collaborative and make work easier for everyone. If you want to reap the business benefits of bulletin boards, the best time is NOW.
As you plan to improve internal communications in the organization, start identifying some important factors like:
- What information is required by your team?
- Where does your team is spending most of the time?
- How often do you need to share information with the team?
Need more help with your internal communication strategy or digital bulletin board consultation? We at BizPortals 365 would love to hear from you. We will review your goals and suggest the solutions to turn your communication plans into a reality. Schedule a Free Demo now.