How Bulletin Boards can improve internal communication in the organization?
Are your bulletin boards drowning in the sea of information?
In today’s world of constant communication and wave of information flows, it is correctly said that “Too much information kills information”. And it is just the same when we receive so many alerts. Some of us also set specific rules to show or hide the notifications but it still creates a clutter of information?
Have you already started imagining the traditional bulletin boards in the office? A scenario where you walk into the office and there is a big bulletin board while passing on to your workstation. There is a notice board full of torn papers, outdated information, uncategorized content pinned at the same place.
You occasionally stop for a couple of seconds to know the company updates, upcoming events, or anything that might be of interest to you. Sometimes, you stay for a bit longer time when you see some interesting sections with names, photos, and informal details about your colleagues. And then you head off to your work.
Well, it can be quite confusing to understand the relevant information and most likely to be ignored by most of the employees. Because the information is set at a different place and the workstation is somewhere else. The updates posted on the bulletin board is still disconnected from the work.
The problem is not that it is a short display board. The core problem is that it is not well connected to your daily activities and do not support workplace collaboration.
So, what is a Digital Bulletin Board?
Digital Bulletin Board utilize the digital signage instead of traditional pins, papers, and cork boards to spread information and display the key communication.
Gone are the days when companies used to display notice boards or posters in the common areas, lobby, and waiting rooms. Clearly, technological advancement and communication tools have become an unstoppable trend. Unlike messy pin boards, the information is disseminated in an organized manner with the help of digital bulletin boards.
Why use Digital Bulletin Boards?
The employees overwhelmingly prefer dynamic content readily available on their digital screens. Bulletin boards enable you to communicate alerts, emergency messages, announcements, and many other parts of your internal communication strategy effectively in the workplace. The digital bulletin boards are one of the most effective workplace communication tools to provide vital information to employees and get their attention. The creative, colorful and moving alerts and information have much better possibilities of being absorbed by the target audience – be it employees or clients.
Top Benefits of Bulletin Boards
- Enhanced collaboration – Every bulletin board on the intranet is a unique collection of information and ideas. The employees can discover new content and contribute the information too. Collaboration gets much easier as you can share the information with your team or simply send quick links directly from the board. It keeps the information fresh as the team updates the documents over time.
- Sense of community – The digital bulletin boards symbolize a sense of social cohesion in the workplace by providing a common framework for employees. They can learn more about their shared goals, viewpoints, and ways to face challenges together, and ultimately, get an excellent way to dive into the conversations. It also helps impart a sense that people contributing to the board are part of a wider community.
- Increased productivity – Bulletin boards can be a great way to save time and increase productivity. This tool can save employees from the hassles of sorting superfluous emails and tons of information. Instead, the messages, memos, assignments can be posted separately on the bulletin board. Moreover, clear and consistent information can drastically increase performance, productivity, employee, and customer satisfaction.
- Employee empowerment – Bulletin boards can serve as a great inspiration to motivate and empower employees. For example, employee appreciations, successful project completion stories can encourage employees and make them feel valued. It can also be used as a useful learning tool.
- Better information absorption – Many organizations rely on the communication methods that are most likely to be missed or ignored. But digital bulletin boards offer visual information management to keep employees abreast of company updates, information, peer activities, and opportunities at work. The visuals help people to quickly absorb the information as the audience is more likely to remember the information when it is delivered in engaging formats like graphics, videos, etc. With bulletin boards in an intranet, it is easier for managers to quickly update and control the content. They can easily send timely content, emergency updates, or new information in a few clicks.
How to improve internal communications with bulletin boards?
Internal communications at the workplace are more important than ever before based on the COVID-19 situation. The strategies, ways of communication, work culture, and the whole corporate world is changing too fast and became very uncertain. Perhaps, internal communication is playing the most important role to keep all the employees in a loop.
With Microsoft 365, you get an easy tool to send news, announcements, information to a set audience instead of individual employees. The different style of newsletters is ready-to-use in a few seconds and well-formatted for any device. Now, you don’t need to draft complicated emails, or announcements every time you have some important information to be shared with the employees. With so many capabilities and facets, the bulletin boards have everything you need to boost your internal communications.
What can be displayed on digital bulletin boards?
There are many use cases for a digital bulletin board. It can be used for sharing updates, news, notices, welcoming new employees for organization. So, you can use digital bulletin boards based on your business and industry requirements.
Some of the uses cases are detailed below:
1. Internal updates
Digital bulletin boards are ideal for sharing the company information, whether for customers or employees. From HR notifications, sales target, product updates, or employee recognition, everything can be communicated with digital bulletin boards.
You can easily incorporate videos about the certain organizational processes, stream the videos of training, product use cases, how-to tutorials, etc. There are many options and the best part is that you can update the bulletin board within the matter of minutes.
3. Event schedules
Digital bulletin boards can be used to display the meeting listings, calendars, daily or weekly schedules. It can be used to automate the process of displaying the information centrally. Moreover, bulletin boards can be used to display upcoming event information, delivery dates, etc. With a Microsoft 365 intranet solution, you can also integrate existing Microsoft 365 calendar with the digital bulletin board to update events in real-time.
4. Weather reports
Digital bulletin board is also ideal for displaying local weather information. You can also screen all-day weather forecast that gets updated in real-time.
5. Scrolling news
You can also send notifications and news headlines with the help of digital bulletin boards. The scrolling tickers are considered as an ideal option to display such details as it adds a motion to the content and grabs the attention of viewers.
Many businesses use slideshows to display the information. From PowerPoint videos to slides, PDFs, JPGs, and PNGs, you can display the communication in the format of your choice with digital bulletin board.
So now, let’s see some use cases of digital bulletin board to give you an idea of utilizing digital bulletin boards in your organization.
And what are the benefits of digital bulletin boards over pin-boards?
- Dynamic content
According to a survey by Hubspot, over 54% of consumers expect video content from brands. Paper is a static way of communicating the information. Papers are not capable of displaying the moving the content like videos. But a digital board can play dynamic content. Therefore, digital bulletin boards have a better scope of interaction.
- Publish in real-time
The content displayed on digital boards can be created, uploaded, changes, or removed in a matter of seconds. It saves a lot of time and effort required on printing the information. With digital bulletin boards, it has become easier to display he live content like news, updates, commodity prices, etc.
- Display multiple contents
Unlike conventional bulletin boards and endless layers of flyers and pamphlets, digital bulletin board can help you play multiple contents in a controlled manner. It also provides a personalized experience to the users. Also, the information does not get lost in the overlaps.
Pamphlets and papers serve the purpose for a limited time and later, they end up inside the trash. With the increasing awareness about environmental pollution, it is important to consider digital alternatives. Going forward, digital bulletin board is not only preferable but a required change for organizations.
Digital bulletin boards are not only beneficial but are very helpful. It does not require any expensive hardware. Also, getting a digital bulletin board is a one-time investment. Therefore, switching to a digital solution can save your recurring cost of printing that comes with every information.
Get started with Bulletin Board to empower your internal communications
The journey with the bulletin board starts with a modern intranet on Office 365 that helps you to stay organized and productive. Going forward, the bulletin board functionality also serves as a basis for content discovery, curation, collaboration, and knowledge management scenarios in the workplace.
The workplace and tools must be designed to be collaborative and make work easier for everyone. If you want to reap the business benefits of bulletin boards, the best time is NOW.
As you plan to improve internal communications in the organization, start identifying some important factors like:
- What information is required by your team?
- Where does your team is spending most of the time?
- How often do you need to share information with the team?
Need more help with your internal communication strategy or digital bulletin board consultation? We at BizPortals 365 would love to hear from you. We will review your goals and suggest the solutions to turn your communication plans into a reality. Schedule a Free Demo now.