Office 365 & SharePoint HR Intranet: Improve your Human Resources Processes
With the growing business complexities, technological advancements, and fierce competition, the businesses and their operational processes and challenges are also evolving drastically. Especially with the situation of the global pandemic, the development, and management of an engaged and collaborated workforce seems a difficult job. The HRs worldwide are putting efforts into providing a cohesive work environment to remote employees, to maintain their productivity levels. The easiest solution is the deployment of a digital HR platform or site using the Office 365 HR system. The deployment of an intranet for HR not only simplifies the processes for employees but also maintains consistency and coordination within the departments.
Wondering how? Let’s explore how an Office 365 HR system can boost diverse HR functions and processes.
- One of the major functions of the HR department is to thoroughly understand the core processes and procedures of the organization. When HR identifies and understands the processes, they can elucidate them, automate the processes using HR intranet portal and ensure their digital completion.
- The intranet makes every process a DIY operation, saves resources, and streamlines them with the expected work scenarios of employees.
- Another major function is to introduce new technology or upgrade an outdated one. Before introducing the change, the HR team can thoroughly analyze the requirement for change, its advantages to the team and in improving processes, and then implement the changes to bring a huge positive impact.
- It helps in developing a simple and paperless HR solution, where employees do not need to remember multiple login credentials for executing or accessing multiple tasks.
Amongst the multiple intranet solutions, the current market has to offer for deploying an HR intranet the SharePoint human resource management system is the easiest and most effective solution. Moreover, it fosters management of core and extended HR operations like, onboarding activities, leaves management, expense reimbursement, payroll management, employee separation, etc.
The suite offers multiple tools for the smooth management of processes. Let’s understand the prominent tools offered by a typical SharePoint Human Resource Management System.
1. Employee Onboarding. With the SharePoint HR portal, new hires can independently complete documentation, and HR can set reminders for the hiring manager, IT department, and admin team for helping them in the quick completion of onboarding requirements. The easy synchronization of forms with employee directories/databases fosters maintenance of up to date records. It helps in creating a smooth, paperless, and interactive onboarding experience for new hires and hassle-free management by HR teams.
2. Employee directory tools. It provides easy search and reaches of employees of different departments/locations from the centralized employee database. This tool enables the users to conduct a search using multiple filters/specifications like name, job title, location, department, skills, managers, etc. The employees can directly call or chat with the employees, view their hierarchical structure, and get the complete information just by clicking on their names in the SharePoint contact list.
3. Time-off Manager. An effective tool for leave management and its integration with the payroll and attendance system. The smart multi-level approval feature ensures that all the concerned managers and HR teams are reminded regarding the pending leave requests. HRs can even set the number of permissible leaves, provide holidays as per employee’s location, and modify the calendar according to organizational needs. It displays a real-time leave dashboard for keeping a track of leaves taken, allowed leaves, and eligible leave types for different employees.
4. Time Sheet Plus. With this tool of the suite, employees can easily record the work hours dedicated to multiple projects/clients respectively in the tracker sheets. Further, these sheets are approved by task managers daily/weekly after the tasks are marked complete and disallowing the employees to make further modifications post the approvals. It allows employees to create different time trackers for different projects, clients, billing procedures, etc. The managers can view daily, weekly, monthly reports using time trackers.
5. Expense Reimbursement Tool. It automates and simplifies the entire expense report cycle. The employees can fill digital forms, scan and upload bills, receipts, invoices using this tool. It provides real-time expense reports to the finance department and expense approvers which imply quick approvals and settlements. The employees can even select different currencies while claiming reimbursements in a single report.
6. Document Management System. It centrally stores all the information existing in different forms (emails, pdfs, word docs, etc.), plus, maintains a complete track record of the employee from their onboarding till separation. HR teams can create a centralized repository and provide secure access to all the documents. It streamlines the entire document sorting and searching process and allows easy document routing for reviews, acknowledgments, or signatures. The documents here are secure from theft, natural disasters, and other threats. Furthermore, it provides real-time updates on documents you have, missing ones, or unwanted files. Moreover, you can control who has access to which document, get to know who has stored, modified, moved, shared, or deleted the documents.
The intranet for the Human Resource department has become a pillar of strength for organizations considering the benefits it provides to the department. An Office 365 HR system can unthinkably transform your entire business and its work culture. HRs can smoothly infuse the organizational values, policies, procedures in the day-to-day operations of employees using an intranet. The cohesive work scenarios developed using intranet can easily convert your disengaged remote workforce into productive, collaborative, and integrated teams.
With the successful deployment of the intranet, you simultaneously contribute to building employer brand, supporting employees and their management, boosting operations, and improving processes, eventually bringing a positive change in the people, process, and organizations.
So, what’s stopping you now? Book a demo with us to explore how BizPortals 365 SharePoint HR intranet helps in establishing consistency and coordination within the departments and simplifies the work of HR department.