The Benefits of Microsoft 365 tools
If you want to get more out of your Microsoft Office 365 with one comprehensive tool, this webinar is for you. Watch full webinar here: Make Your Intranet Awesome on Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 Productivity Tools
1. OneDriveWhat it is: Microsoft’s solution for secure file hosting in the cloud.What it’s used for: synchronizing files across all of your devices and sharing them with colleagues, such as your latest presentation.
2. SharePointWhat it is: is a key tool for businesses because its all-in-one capabilities help companies become organized by getting a better handle on their documents, data and projects. By basing your intranet on SharePoint, you can improve usability, take advantage of powerful pre-built modules and enjoy an easy-to-use interface.What it’s used for: building intranet portals to manage and search through your internal communication and data. SharePoint-based intranets can integrate and unify SharePoint and other Microsoft Office 365 tools, as well as other business applications. This means that SharePoint enables you to bring your business together in all aspects in a single place.
3. DelveWhat it is: a smart tool that displays recent and relevant content, documents, people, etc. to you in a personalized dashboard view.What it’s used for: quickly accessing new and relevant information and people based on the intelligence of who you work with and the content you work on.
4. YammerWhat it is: an enterprise social networking tool, like “Facebook for your business.”What it’s used for: sending ideas and communications that don’t necessarily require an instant response, like brainstorming or sharing news.
5. Power BIWhat it is: a suite of Microsoft business intelligence and analytics tools.What it’s used for: analyzing and visualizing business data sourced from Excel files, databases and third-party sources such as Salesforce, QuickBooks Online, and Marketo.
6. Skype for BusinessWhat it is: a solution for video and audio calling and instant messaging.What it’s used for: communicating with colleagues and business partners, clients, and prospects via calls, meetings, and screen sharing.It is useful for stand ups and demos as its easy to schedule and setup meetings in just seconds.
7. Planner GroupsWhat it is: an application for creating, assigning, and completing tasks.What it’s used for: collaborating among small groups of coworkers in order to break down a larger project into discrete tasks.
8. PowerAppsWhat it is: a solution to easily create business applications and share them with team members.What it’s used for: letting users at any technical level build and publish mobile apps to assist with business processes.
9. Microsoft TeamsWhat it is: a chat-based workspace to support team collaboration via voice and video calls and integration with other Microsoft Office 365 services.What it’s used for: communicating in real time with colleagues for messages that require an instant response.
10. PublisherWhat it is: an app that provides users with the tools they need to publish professional-looking newsletters, brochures, and booklets.What it’s used for: communicating information to a wider audience with attractive, formal, more permanent material.
11. OneNoteWhat it is: a basic productivity app for capturing information by typing notes.What it’s used for: allowing the workforce to take notes on their mobile devices when they are on-the-go, which can then be retrieved from any other device.
12. Microsoft Office 365 IntranetAlthough Microsoft Office 365 Intranet is not an official Microsoft Office 365 tools (though it sits on top of SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365), it is truly a powerful and versatile tool particularly for businesses looking to improve the way they work and be more productive. Many vendors are in the business of providing these ready-to-go Microsoft Office 365 solutions which are easy to use, don’t require any special skills or IT resources to setup and maintain, are quick to setup (within days), and are cost effective
13. Microsoft FlowFacilitates to create creation of automatic workflows across applications like email, messaging, and task manager. It aligns documents and synchronizes workflows to manage files and tasks from one platform to another. It is another important tool for office 365, which also creates a new lead in dynamics 365.
14. Microsoft FormsA simple yet efficient way to get opinions is Microsoft Forms that assists in creating polls, quizzes, and surveys with real time results update taking into account upto 5000 respondents.
15. Microsoft MyAnalyticsIt brings answers to every way you manage and spend your time during working hours. Right from tracking how much time you spent in your inbox to schedule a meeting to how many such meetings you will attend in a week; it does it all. Not only this, it manages your network connections and even post working hours.
16. Microsoft StaffHubThis tool acts as a bridge between workers and their managers to schedule tasks for their subordinates and also stay in touch for task updates. This platform also offers the facility to request breaks, leaves, or exchange shifts between co-workers.Microsoft Office 365 intranet delivers added functionality by way of built-in modules and features for common processes like Project Management, Forms Management, and HR and Employee Management; thus, extending the basic intranet features and eliminating the need to invest in separate solutions that offer these capabilities.You can think of Microsoft Office 365 intranet as a separate tool which when installed, connects to your Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint environment, to give you added functions and features discussed above.So in sum, Microsoft Office 365 Intranet can be your go-to, comprehensive workplace solution that brings your business and Microsoft Office 365 together in one place and best defines Office 365 productivity tools in one unified platform.
How to Get Microsoft Office 365
FAQ 1: What are the MS Microsoft Office 365 tools?
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription service that provides necessary business tools to improve communication and collaboration at workplace. The productivity tools include word, excel, PowerPoint presentation, Outlook (an email client), OneNote, Calendar, Publisher, OneDrive (cloud-based storage), Teams (chat-based workspace), Power BI (Business analytics service), Skype for Business and SharePoint (used to host company intranet).
In addition, it provides collaboration tools like Delve, Yammer, Sway & business support applications for bookings, invoicing, managing projects. The suite of productivity applications is hosted by Microsoft that provides enterprise-grade security, support and maintenance. Beyond always having the latest version of these applications, the cloud-based nature of Microsoft Office 365 has various beneficial implications for your business.
FAQ 2: What are the benefits of using Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 tools offer many business benefits like saving money, assisting growth and improving productivity. It boosts unified collaboration among employees with the web-enabled access to email, contacts, documents, and calendars.
The users can collaborate, edit the resources in real-time, save versions for reference. This ensures clear communication across the employees and departments, resulting in improved productivity and ultimately, better business outcomes. You can access the data from any device any time and location constraints.
Running the applications and storing the data in the cloud ensures that important business applications will always be available. Moreover, you have the business-class support and services including robust security, geo-redundant data centers, application standards, privacy controls and disaster recovery.
FAQ 3: How to get the most out of Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft is continuously expanding Microsoft Office 365 tools and capabilities and diversifying the suite of products offered to commercial users. If you are only using Outlook to manage your communications and using core programs like Word and Excel, you might not be getting the most out of Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
To make the most out of it, explore features such as, make new connections within the organization, discover and share information between users, take advantage of anywhere/anytime access, make creative presentations and interactive reports using Sway, use DocuSign for signing the documents online, sync with OneDrive and SharePoint and share effortlessly with online shareable links.
FAQ 4: How to get Microsoft Office 365?
Moving to Microsoft Office 365 is quick and easy for businesses. It provides collaboration services, data storage capabilities, communication tools over mobile, desktop and web-based applications. Microsoft Office 365 is available in different subscription plans to cater to different business needs and market segments, providing different features for different prices.
The plans include Personal, Home, Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, Mid-Size Business, Proplus, Enterprise, You can buy Microsoft Office 365 subscription plan according to your business requirements and install it across multiple devices.